Why would I consider roof restoration?
Your roof is the home’s protection from the elements – and let’s face it we have some pretty harsh elements in Queensland – cyclones, hailstorms, torrential rain and intense sun.
Your roof takes a flogging every single day and it will need work to keep it in top condition. If you notice any of the following signs, it may be time to restore your roof.
- Is the roof leaking anywhere (check inside for dark spots or mould on the ceilings)?
- Are the gutters and down-pipes in not so good condition?
- Are there broken or cracked tiles or do they look porous?
- Has the paint deteriorated or the colour faded?
- Is the roof sagging or is there deterioration of the roof valleys?
- Is there degradation or damage that needs repairing?
- Is the flashing, bedding or pointing cracked or damaged?
- Can you see corrosion (rust) around any fittings?
- Have you noticed mould, rot, mildew or moisture?
- Is there moss growing on the roof or in the gutters?
- Are you not happy with the cosmetic appearance of the roof?
- Has your roof generally seen better days?
What is involved in a roof restoration?
- Quote and inspect the roof.
- Cleaning the roof thoroughly with high pressure spray that will remove all dirt, grit, mould, moss and algae.
- Repairing any damage such as replacing and re-aligning broken or cracked tiles, re-pointing and re-bedding if needed, replacing metal sheets, and sealing any leaks.
- Re-painting the roof with a primer, filler (for older tiled roofs) and a final top coat.
The roof restoration process will extend the life of your existing roof, and is usually less expensive than a complete roof replacement.
Roof restoration requires the specialist skills and expertise of a roofing professional to complete the job to a high standard. It is not a DIY project.
How long does it take to complete a roof restoration?
The time frame will vary based on factors such as the size of your roof, weather conditions at the time and what repairs are needed.
Generally you will need to allow 3-10 days to complete a roof restoration.
How long can I expect my roof restoration to last?
Roof restorations last for approximately 15 years. Paint manufacturers usually give a warranty on the paint used, which is often 10+ years.
Why is a Roof Restoration a better alternative than a Roof Replacement?
- Extends the life of your current roof
- Cost effective solution (cheaper than a roof replacement)
- Environmentally sustainable
- Keeps the original look of the home
- Enhances street appeal, and
- Increases value of the home.
If you would like to discuss a roof restoration (and you live in Brisbane north to the Sunshine Coast or Brisbane South to Logan and Brisbane Bayside or Redlands) contact us at Bayside Roofing for all your repair, restoration and roof painting needs. We also have a roof maintenance service so we can check your roof on a regular basis.